- 2 cups whole pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Collected Foods Aleppo Pepper
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Combine pecans, sugar, spices, and salt in a medium saucepan with 1/2 cup water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly to keep pecans from burning.
- Boil while syrup turns thick and bubbles stack on top of each other. Sweep a wooden spoon around bottom of pan while syrup tightens; when spoon shows bottom of pan and syrup has reduced to a thin coating on nuts, quickly transfer to a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil and lubricated well with oil. Spread pecans out with a wooden spoon to a thin, even layer.
- Let pecans dry before removing from foil with a spatula. Break apart large chunks and store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
- Pecans will keep for at least three months.