Cook Time: 20 min
Servings: 2 servings
- 10 oz Thinly Sliced Beef or Ground Beef
- ½ cup Long Grain White Rice or Sweet Potato Noodle (See Note)
- 3 oz Radishes
- 10 oz Baby Bok Choy
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Sugar or Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsps Mayonnaise
- 2 tsps Gochujang or make your own with Collected Foods Korean Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil (+extra for drizzling over noodle option)
- 1 Piece Ginger (2 tsp)
This is a good base meal for all diet types. Can be modified to be vegetarian, gluten free, grain free, etc… .
- Cook the rice (or Noodle, see note below)
- Carefully rinse the rice (sifting through for any impurities). Drain thoroughly. In a small pot, combine the rice, a big pinch of salt, and 1 cup of water. Heat to boiling on high. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook, without stirring, 13 to 15 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender. Turn off the heat and fluff with a fork.
- Prepare the ingredients & marinate the radishes
- Meanwhile, wash and dry the fresh produce. Halve the radishes lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise. Place in a bowl; add the sesame oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to marinate, stirring occasionally, at least 10 minutes. Taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired. Peel and roughly chop 2 cloves of garlic. Peel the ginger; finely chop to get 2 teaspoons (you may have extra). Combine the chopped garlic and chopped ginger in a bowl. Cut off and discard the root ends of the bok choy; thinly slice crosswise.
- Cook the beef & bok choy
- Separate the beef; pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. In a large pan (nonstick, if you have one), heat a drizzle of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the seasoned beef and chopped garlic and ginger; in an even layer. Cook, without stirring, 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the sugar, soy sauce, and sliced bok choy. Cook, stirring frequently, 1 to 2 minutes, or until combined and the beef is just cooked through. Turn off the heat. Taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Make the spicy mayo & serve your dish
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon of water, and as much of the gochujang as you’d like, depending on how spicy you’d like the dish to be. Taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve the cooked rice topped with the cooked beef and bok choy, marinated radishes (including any liquid), and spicy mayo. Enjoy!
- Use Sweet Potato Noodles instead of Rice.
- Boil noodles in water for 5-8min, drain and dress with Sesame Oil. Combine with Stir-fry at the end.
- Make your own Gochujang
- Korean Chili Sauce - Gochujang (Recipe)
- I added Shrimp to mine.