Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: Servings: 6 servings
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup non dairy, we use Oat Milk, but you can use coconut, almond, etc…
- 1/3 cup coconut oil liquid but near room temperature
- 2 Tb pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- Coconut oil for greasing the waffle iron
- topping options:
- fresh blueberries, butter and pure maple syrup
- fresh apple slices, butter, cinnamon sugar mix
- In a mixing bowl or large measuring cup, combine all the dry ingredients
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, non dairy milk, coconut oil and vanilla, then pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix by hand until well combined.
- Heat your waffle iron and brush or spray it well with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the waffle iron gently spreading just a bit before closing. Cook waffles according to your waffle iron’s instructions. This recipe will make about 6 servings but may vary depending on your iron.
- Top with fruit, maple syrup, whipped cream etc to serve. Enjoy!
- After baking in the waffle iron and cooling slightly, wrap waffles in a single layer in parchment or plastic wrap and freeze. You can defrost them in the toaster oven before topping.