For the Brine:
- 1 cup Kosher Salt
- 4 cups hot water
- 12 cups cold water
- 1 whole Organic Chicken cut up
For frying the chicken:
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Collected Foods Harissa Blend
- 1 tablespoon minced Parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked Black Pepper
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 2 large Eggs
- Oil for frying
Brining the Chicken:
- Mix the Salt and hot water in a very large bowl. Once the salt is dissolved, stir in the cold water.
- Add the Chicken to the brine and put into the refrigerator. Let sit from 1-4 hours.
- Drain the Chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
Frying the Chicken:
- Combine the Flour, Bread Crumbs and Spices in a wide, shallow dish.
- Combine the Buttermilk and Eggs, then whisk together until blended.
- Heat about ½” of Oil in a deep frying pan or cast iron pan to 375 degrees.
- Dip the Chicken piece into the Buttermilk mixture, drain of excess mixture and then place into the Bread Crumb mixture. Gently shake off any excess.
- Place into the frying oil, turning occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Place into a preheated oven set to 250 Degrees to keep warm while cooking the rest of the Chicken.