- 1 tsp neutral oil like canola or vegetable
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes + liquid 1.5 cups chicken/veggie stock or water
- 1 Tbsp Collected Foods Harissa Blend
- Add oil to a large saute pan over medium heat, add the onions, cook for 5 minutes until onions are beginning to soften.
- Add Collected Foods Harissa Blend and cook for an additional 30 seconds to bloom spices.
- Add dried lentils, canned tomatoes plus their liquid, chicken/veggie stock. Stir together to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20-30 minutes until lentils are soft but still have some texture.
- Serve with fresh cilantro and yogurt.