Ingredients for the Scones:
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled-off with knife, plus more for dusting
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons Collected Foods Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) cold unsalted butter
Ingredients for the Glaze:
- 1-1/2 cups Confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin purée
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon Collected Foods Pumpkin Pie Spice
Directions for the Scones:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, egg, heavy cream, molasses, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and Collected Foods Pumpkin Pie Spice. Process for about 20 seconds to combine; be sure no lumps of brown sugar remain.
- Cut the cold butter into 1/2-inch chunks. Add to the food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal – it should look unevenly crumbly with some pea-size chunks of butter within. Add the pumpkin mixture and pulse just until the mixture comes together. The dough will be very sticky, and you should still be able to see some pea-size lumps of butter.
- Lightly flour a countertop or work surface. Dump the sticky scone dough onto the floured surface and dust the top lightly with more flour. Using your hands, gently knead the dough until it comes together into a smooth ball. Divide the dough in half. Dust your work surface with flour again and form each half into a 5-inch circle, about 3/4-inch thick. Using a sharp knife dusted with flour, slice each circle into 6 even wedges (cut each circle in half, then cut each half into thirds). If the dough starts to stick to the knife, dust the knife with more flour. Place the wedges on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the scones for 12 to 15 minutes. To see if they are done, peek at the bottoms; they should be slightly browned. Let the scones cool on the baking sheet for about 15 minutes.
Directions for the Glaze:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Confectioners' sugar, pumpkin, water, Collected Foods Pumpkin Pie Spice until smooth. The glaze should be thick.
- Drizzle the glaze over each scone, letting it drip a bit down the sides. Wait about 30 minutes for the glaze to set, then serve.