- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs plus 1 yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- In a bowl of stand mixer cream butter and both sugars together for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in both egg and additional yolk into butter along with vanilla and beat until smooth, scraping the sides as necessary.
- Mix in Pumpkin Pie Spice, baking powder and salt until combined.
- Reduce speed on mixer to low and mix in flour until dough comes together.
- Chill dough for at least an hour.
- When ready to bake, line baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 375°
- Mix coating ingredients (light brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice) together in a bowl, set aside.
- Roll dough into large balls, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and then roll into the sugar/pumpkin pie spice mixture, coating completely.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes until cookies are lightly browned on the bottom. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.