- 1-1.5 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ maple syrup
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 4 ½ cups low-fat milk or water
- 1 ½ cups steel-cut oats
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Chopped fresh apple, optional
- Topped with pumpkin seeds
- In a large saucepan over low heat, toast pumpkin pie spice, stirring occasionally until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add oats, and toast for an additional minute or 2.
- Add milk or water, raise heat and simmer mixture for 20-30 minutes.
- then add pumpkin and stir to combine, then add syrup to combine
- Cook until tender but not mushy. Stir in salt.
- Serve with fresh apple if desired, and pumpkin spice…