- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 12 tablespoons Salted Butter, sliced into tablespoons
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2/3 cup Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Add the granulated super to a medium sized saucepan (3 quart size works well).
- Place it over medium-high heat and cook, watching the entire time and stirring occasionally, until the sugar is golden brown and completely melted.
- Carefully add the butter. Whisk the ingredients vigorously until the butter is completely melted. The contents of the saucepan will bubble up, so caution should be used.
- Remove the pan from the heat and very carefully and slowly pour in the heavy cream while whisking.
- The caramel sauce will bubble, but keep whisking until the mixture is completely incorporated. Then, stir in the vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree, and sea salt.
- Let cool. After it has cooled to room temperature, transfer to your prefered storage container and serve how you like!