- 2 pounds Kirby Cucumbers
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ cup untoasted Sesame Oil
- ½ small onion
- 2 tablespoons Thai Basil
- 2 tablespoons Collected Foods Gochugaru Korean Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced Ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated Lime Zest
- ½ teaspoon Asian Fish Sauce
- Use as a snack, side or 반찬 (banchan)
- Half the Cucumbers lengthwise and then slice crosswise into ⅓ inch pieces.
- In a colander, toss the sliced Cucumbers with 1 tablespoon kosher salt and let stand for 20 minutes. Afterward, rinse and drain well.
- In a large bowl, toss the drained cucumbers with all remaining ingredients.
- Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Season the kimchi with salt to taste and serve.