Ingredients for Wings:
- Neutral Oil for Frying
- Equal parts flour and cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pack of wings
Ingredients for Harissa Honey Sauce:
- 1 ½ tsp Ginger Juice
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 Tablespoon of Collected Foods Rose or Regular Harissa Blend
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- 2 tsp Cilantro
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Directions for Frying Wings:
- In a large pot, heat 2 inches of oil to 350° over moderately high heat.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour and cornstarch and season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the wings to the bag; shake well to coat. Transfer the wings to a strainer set over a bowl; shake to remove any excess flour.
- Fry the wings, in batches if necessary, until golden and crisp, about 12 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
Directions for Sauce:
- In a small pot add butter and heat until melted, next add harissa blend and lightly toast for about 1-2 minutes minutes. Then add honey and cook on high.
- Grate the ginger into a fine mesh strainer set over a bowl; press on the ginger to extract the juice.
- In a large bowl, whisk ginger juice with honey, harissa, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper.