- 1 cup unsalted butter room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose baking flour
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (not powder!)
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons saigon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour medium size loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, melt the butter and let cool slightly. Whisk in the sugar then the eggs and lastly vanilla. Add by stirring the flour and baking soda. Fold in the mashed bananas until just combined, dont over do it!
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cinnamon sugar swirl ingredients until combined. If too thick add an additional tablespoon of melted butter until it is thin enough to swirl around. It needs to be the right consistency to hold within the bread as it bakes.
- Spread 1/4 of the batter evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spoon in 1/4 of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the batter in the pan and then make a nice thick swirl through the batter with bottom of a wooden spoon. Place 1/3 of the remaining batter evenly over the first layer and swirl with 1/3 of the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture. Place 1/2 of the remaining batter evenly over the second layer and swirl with 1/2 of the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture. Spread the remaining batter evenly over the top and dollop with the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture. Make large swirls throughout the entire loaf.
- Place loaf pan on a baking sheet and bake for 60 minutes at 350 or until golden brown and a toothpick or sharp knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes before removing to rest.