Prep Time: 30Min Total Time: 30Min Servings: 4 Source: Good Housekeeping
- 1 Tb Olive Oil
- 2 Sm Zucchini
- 1 Sm Summer Squash (cut in half moons)
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 Tb Oil
- 1 Sm Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Aleppo Pepper Flakes
- 8 Lasagna Noodles, broken into pieces
- 2 Cups Marinara Sauce
- 3 Cups low sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Basil
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella (grated)
- 2 Tbsp Romano (grated)
fresh delicious in less time - reimagined take on classic dish.
- Heat 1 Tb of Olive Oil in large cast iron on Med-High. Add Zucchini and squash (cut in half moons), season with salt and pepper and cook, tossing until golden, 3-4 min. Transfer to Plate.
- Reduce heat to Med, add 1/2 Tb of olive oil and small onion finely chopped and cook stirring occasionally until tender 4-5 min. Stir in garlic (finely chopped) and add aleppo pepper flakes. cook 30 sec.
- Add lasagna noodles, broken into pieces, Marinara sauce and 3 cups of chicken broth and bring to boil. Simmer vigorously, stirring often until sauce begins to reduce, 6 min. Lower heat and gently simmer until pasta is tender, 7-8 min or more.
- Meanwhile, heat broiler. Fold in 2 oz cream cheese to melt, then vegetables, basil and 1/2 cup grated mozarella.
- Sprinkle with 3/4 cup grated mozzarella and 2 Tbsp of grated Romano and broil until golden brown, 2-3 min. Top with torn basil and serve.