Servings: 8 servings
- 4 1/2 pounds mixed chicken parts, such as wings, backs, bones, and feet
- 1-2 Tablespoons Collected Foods Umami Mushroom Powder
- 1 1/2 pounds yellow onions (about 2 large), diced
- 12 ounces carrots (about 2 large), diced
- 8 ounces celery (about 6 medium ribs), diced
- 4 medium cloves garlic
- Dry chicken pieces with a paper towel and lightly dust with Umami powder. Roast in the oven at 400 degree oven for 15 minutes until browned lightly.
- Combine all ingredients in a stovetop or electric pressure cooker and cover with cold water, about 2 quarts (1.9L).
- Close the cooker and bring to high pressure, then cook at high pressure for 45 minutes. Allow the cooker to depressurize.
- Skim fat from stock, strain, then use as desired or freeze for up to 6 months.
- Use a base for Ramen, pho, risotto. Or any amazing soup, or sauce.