Servings: 8-10 Skewers
- 1 ½ tablespoons Collected Foods Aleppo Pepper
- 1 cup Plain Whole Milk Greek Style Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Sherry Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 teaspoons coarse Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled & flattened
- 2 unpeeled lemons (1 thinly sliced into rounds; 1 cut into wedges)
- 2 ¼ pounds skinless boneless Chicken (thighs and/or breasts), cut into 1 ¼ inch cubes
- Bamboo Skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes before using)
- Place Aleppo Pepper in large bowl and mix in 1 tablespoon warm water. Let stand until thick paste forms (About 5 minutes)
- Add yogurt, olive oil, sherry vinegar, tomato paste, 2 teaspoons kosher salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper to spice mixture in bowl and whisk to blend.
- Stir in garlic and lemon slices, then chicken. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Skewer 5 pieces of chicken per bamboo skewer.
- Preheat grill and place skewers on grill turning occasionally until thickest part of the meat reaches 165 degrees.
- Serve with lemon wedges.